Thursday, January 17, 2013

Can't Wait till Friday

Enjoying an excellent meal is ideal when venturing out to local restaurants, however, isn't the service just as important when deciding where to dine? The quality of food along with the liveliness of the people delivering it are necessary to consider when choosing where to spend your money. But fear not, high quality food and people are only a few miles away. Don’t waste another minute thinking about where to spend your nights out because T.G.I.Fridays just moved to the top of your list. With a warm welcome and delicious food, TGIF knocked all the other chains out of the way.

Ordering a wide variety of items on their menu, I can vouch to say there food not only tastes great, but also looks the way they promised. By ordering items previously displayed on their menu, I compared the food delivered to the picture they promoted. Taking three dishes into consideration, Warm Pretzels with Craft Beer-Cheese Dipping Sauce, Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta, Balsamic-Glazed Chicken Caesar Salad, the Sizzling Chicken and Shrimp, and the Whiskey Cake, I would defend their argument in saying that the food offered follows the description exactly and looks parallel to the picture provided. The comparison between the image on their menu and the food ordered is shown in a slideshow above.

Immediately after entering I was greeted with a warm welcome and taken to my seat within seconds. From there on the menus were opened for us and the next handful of friendly workers made their rounds in greeting us. Our server, Ashley, began the night by bringing us complimentary chips and salsa and making small talk, familiarizing herself with her customers. Taking a step back from the people I came with, noticing the servers and their work environment, I was quite impressed. Every server had a smile on their face and thoroughly communicated with one another to reduce accidents and ensure customer satisfaction.


Keeping in mind that it was only a Monday night, I evaluated our waitress on the time it took from ordering out food, until it was delivered. Our food was ordered at 7:02 and it came at 7:16. Needless to say, we were highly impressed by the under 15 minute wait. However when food is delivered so quickly one comes to the question, was it prepared properly? It seemed apparent that some of the dishes were nuked before being served to our table. I personally thought the taste was worth returning for, but regardless of my personal preference the likeliness that their food was not prepared when ordered can alter the minds of customers when deciding whether to stop at ’Fridays or move on to the next chain.


Aside from the service and taste of their food, there was an incredible drink selection. Being under 21 and not a fan of drinking pop, it’s difficult to find a place with wide variety of nonalcoholic drinks. Ranging from shakes to slushies, I would highly recommend stopping by for a drink. I ordered the strawberry lemonade crush and was quick to get a refill. Aside from the nonalcoholic drinks there was also a respectable selection for the 21 and older customers. From long islands to margaritas it’s a guarantee of a happy customer when hitting their bar.

Along with the overall assessment of TGIF, comes the evaluation of the cleanliness of the restaurant. From the door to my seat there was not a dust bunny in sight; the floors were swept well and kept up with effortlessly. Because of this, I would expect nothing less than our table being spotless. It was to my surprise that when we reached our table there was crumbs scattered throughout. It was nothing excessive, but certainly not acceptable when arriving at a table to dine.  I know when I’m preparing to eat, I’m not interested in what the previous customers ordered.
Overall my experience was worth returning for. Whether I’m in the mood for a salad or feeling more adventurous like a Cajun meal, I would highly recommend stopping by your local TGIF. Where the food might not be prepared the minute you walk in, but there’s a guarantee of a quality taste and appearance.  Not to mention the remarkable drink variety for all ages.  You can be sure that you and your guests will be welcomed immediately upon entering until the moment you leave. The hospitality was incredible and forced the feeling of friendship between the waitress about our party, leaving smiles on all of our faces. Between checking out the other local restaurant chains I will definitely be making my way back to ‘Fridays!



No comments:

Post a Comment